Pyjama Dressing For The New Season
Pyjama dressing is set to be big this season, as seen on the catwalks of Alexander Wang and Givenchy…all be it in a very luxe way of course. Think pyjama shirts for day in silk or cotton, alongside night gowns, silk robes and loose fitting pyjama trousers.
Nightwear as daywear is not everyone’s cup of tea though and it’s definitely questionable whether a lacy negligee is office appropriate. But, whether you’d wear the trend outside the home there’s no question that when the night’s draw in there’s nothing quite like closing the curtains, putting on your favourite pair of PJ’s and snuggling up with a glass of wine and a new Netflix series.
5 Reasons We Love Pyjamas…
- PJ’s are the most comfortable clothing you own! Made from soft, flexible fabric with loose waistbands – there are tonnes of new style women’s pyjamas on the market which are designed purely for no-fuss relaxation. Pair with fleecy slipper socks or slippers for total comfort.
- Pyjama’s put you into auto relax mode. For many people putting on their pyjamas is the equivalent to hitting the off button. The stresses of the day are over and me time can begin.
- Nobody judges your pyjamas! Perhaps the best thing about pyjamas is that you can wear exactly what you want. Nobody, but your partner/flat mates, are there to see you dressed in an outfit that comes with an animal ears hood. You really can be yourself and not have to worry about being judged by what you are wearing.
- Pyjama’s are fun – think festive themed Onesies for all the family. Opening your presents on Christmas Day morning in reindeer antler PJ’s adds a little something extra to the day and gives you the excuse to stay in them until lunchtime if you so wish.
- If you do decide to brave the trend and wear the pyjama look out at night- the bonus is you don’t have to worry about getting changed at the end – just head straight for bed!