Valentine’s Day Hotels in the UK
Still struggling to come up with something original to give your partner for Valentine’s Day? We say forgo the cheesy gifts and do it the old fashioned way by booking into a hotel for the night (why not split it and make it your present to eachother?) There are dozens of great deals at some of the country’s best hotels, from foodie pubs in the countryside to slick city stays. Here’s our pick of the best, from Cornwall to Edinburgh…
1. The Scarlet, Cornwall At this beautiful cliff-top hotel, there’s nothing between you and the beach but your marshmallow-soft bed. The Three Night Valentine’s break begins with a twilight hot tub session, followed by a candlelit 3-course dinner on two evenings taken either in the Scarlet restaurant, or in your own room. Choose from a two hour massage lesson or a one hour massage each in the award-winning Scarlet spa (carried out side-by-side in the couple’s suite) followed by a rhassoul or seaweed bath. How much? Valentine’s stays between Thursday 13th and Sunday 16th February start from £225 bed and breakfast and £290 for dinner bed and breakfast, per night based on two people sharing a Just Right room. The Three Night Valentine’s Break starts from £465 per person, based on two people sharing a Just Right room.
2. The Bonham Hotel, Edinburgh Up in Edinburgh, The Bonham Hotel is offering luxury overnight accommodation, a 4-course dinner and bottle of Rosé Prosecco for a very reasonable price, considering even the smallest of rooms comes complete with a decadent Queen-size bed. How much? £244 per room, includes overnight accommodation, 4-course Valentines Dinner and bottle of Rosé Prosecco. 14 – 15th February 2014.
3. The Arch, London A sleek, stylish hotel opposite Madonna’s London home and steps from Oxford Street, The Arch is an obvious choice for couples looking to spend Valentine’s Day in the thick of city action. The cheeky ‘Play Package’ includes a three course dinner for two in the much lauded HUNter 486 Brasserie, a Deluxe Room (with a complimentary upgrade if available), complete with a discreet ‘intimacy box’, chocolate covered strawberries and champagne on arrival. Free Wifi, a free soft drink mini bar, Nespresso machine, breakfast in bed and late checkout, too. Phew. How much? £359 per couple, per night, exclusive of VAT. Free cancellation. Throughout February and March 2014.
4. The Bell at Skenfrith, Wales A few miles east of the Black Mountains in Monmouthshire, Wales, this is the perfect choice for couples looking to properly escape the city for a few days. This year’s Valentine’s Weekend deal includes a 4-course candlelit dinner and bottle of champagne on arrival on Friday 14th, plus two overnight stays, a normal Saturday night dinner, late checkout and Sunday lunch. How much? From £495 for a cosy double room (£550 for a Super King, £595 Four Poster) and 4-course meal, normal meal, two nights accommodation, champagne on arrival, late checkout and Sunday lunch. 14th – 16th February.
5. The William Cecil, Lincolnshire Try an overnight stay package in one of The William Cecil’s rather lovely suites, inclusive of a four-course dinner with a glass of fizz, overnight accommodation with hand-made chocolates in your room, and breakfast the following morning. How much? Prices are based on two adults sharing a room, starting at £155 for a Classic.
Amy @ FashionBite xx