London
28 May, Saturday
16° C
Image Alt

Ruby & Millie to revamp brand after exiting Boots

Ruby & Millie to revamp brand after exiting Boots

Guest Blogger: Amy Golding

Famed make-up artists Ruby Hammer and Millie Kendall are to revamp their Ruby & Millie cosmetics line.

The duo hinted at a retro refresh with plans to revitalise the “iconic” products in the range to bring back a classic feel to the brand.

Co-founder Hammer also announed plans for her own stand-alone new product range, which will launch later this year.

The news follows the announcement that the Ruby & Millie brand is to be withdrawn from Boots stores, ending a 13-year relationship with the retailer.

“Retail is changing and we have to change with the times,” said co-founder Kendall. “In 1998, what we did was unique and opened the floodgates to smaller niche brands to enter into the mass market. We are taking yet another leap forward in our business model.”

In 2008, Hammer and Kendall stepped away from the Ruby & Millie brand to focus on their Andrea Fulerton Nail Boutique and Scarlett & Crimson and Alex Byrne Beauty lines.

Ruby Hammer and Millie Kendall are now understood to have taken back control of the eponymous cosmetics brand and are considering options for new partnerships.

FashionBite xx

Emily Seares is an award-winning magazine editor and journalist and the founding editor of FashionBite. She was featured in VOGUE's Digital Powerlist Top 100 and is a quoted style expert for most national newspapers and magazines.

Comments (30)

• kirsten cooper

Hi there, I am desperate to replace my lip colour that I have used for years. I assumed it would always be there. HELP what can i do? It is Ruby & Millie matt brown . please let it be a happy ending……….

• Marie

I’m looking to purchase ruby and millie red lipstick and I can’t find it anywhere. Can you help?

• Naomi

Hi there,

I’m in the same boat, I’ve been using there all in one compact for years and wondered whether they’ll be continuing any of their make up lines?

I’m mixed race and find it a nightmare trying to find make up to match my skin colour. Ruby and millie was always the go to for a range that would suit darker skin tones!

• Katie

Help! I have been using the Ruby & Millie i writer in black for years. Where can i get my hands on a new one as i’m going to run out soon??

Katie

• Millie

I am responding as requested by the lovely girls at fashionbite.

Boots have owned the brand outright and managed it solely in the UK since 2008, the decision to remove it from their stores was a Boots decision and we completely sympathize with those patrons of the brand that have been trying to locate products.
    We get countless emails to this effect.

We are looking at our options however we have been working on a lot of other projects, and have since our resignation 2 and a half years ago launched Scarlett and Crimson, Andrea Fulerton Nail Boutique and Ruby Hammer Recommends.

We pass all requests and queries for product onto Boots Customer Service but based on the emails they send back there is little chance of finding stock as they don’t seem to really have a bespoke response.

We can’t apologize more for the lack of information, we are discussing our options with Boots, but these things take time, and large corporations move slowly.

We will keep you posted, but in the meantime please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me personally on millie@rubyandmillie.com, always happy to recommend alternate products….Millie

• Ruby

Is there anywhere I can get Ruby & Millie sheer base foundation? I’m kinda lost without it!

• iSABELLA

HI THERE.I HAVE BEEN USING RUBY AND MILLE LIQUID FOUNDATION BASE NO.4 AND I CANT GET IT FROM ANYWHERE! PLEASE HELP ME>> I LOVE THIS BASE, ITS PERFECT FOR ME I CANT FIND THE RIGHT FOUNDATION SINCE :(((( OR CAN YOU RECOMMEND ANY ALTERNATIVE PRODUCT? THANK YOU

• Mey

Hello…i am also desperate to get your eye liners,i have been using them for years,the blue one is like no other,is there anywhere i can get them?

• Claire

I am so disappointed that I can no longer get hold of these products. I have been using amongst other things the two ended eyeshadow pens. They were fantastic and so convenient for a busy mum. I was also able to do smoky eyes in an instant. Noone seems to make a product even remotely similar. They were brilliant 🙁

• eileen

hi please help i cannot find anyone else who sells ruby millie liquid base8 its the only one thats right for me.help help desperate.

• theresa jones

i need the R and M pink 415 matt lipstick ive been using it for yrs and need some please help theresa jones 07944119411 x

• Steffie Richards

Really want to get hold of R&M Blonde Mascara – great for eyebrows – is it still available?

• jo

hi there, been using your product for ages.. and recently ran out so ,went to boots to buy some ruby and millie make up!!? and so….. disappionted when the lady told me they stop it now 🙁 is there any shop where i can get this product again..?? got massive spot on my face beacause it dint suits me the product i used now. hope u can help me . tnx

• sat

hi i wanted to know if i can buy the Ruby & Millie LIquid foundation – base 5 as i cannot find a good foundation anywhere
    thanks

• Liz

Desperate to get hold of more R&M make up brushes (eyeshadow and blusher ones especially). Anyone?

• I am desperate for the sheer base 4! Where can I buy this please????….

• Diane Adam

Hi , I notice there are no new comments since 2011. It’s may 2012 and I am desperately seeking a ruby and millie cheeky in colour wine. Do you know where I can get one?

• Vera Hutchinson

Where can I get Ruby & Millies eyebrow powder, I use the Blonde colour & have used it for a long time now, but with Boots Not supplying it any more which I am not happy about, will I ever to able to purchase this product again? Please help

• bb

vera, read upward in the comments. Millie herself has left an email address for people to contact her with questions

• Amanda Wright

Hi everyone,I am trying to get hold of Ruby&Mullie Demi matte base foundation,please can someone help me find this product,by letting me know,where or if it is available,oh and it is no 8,many thanks

• Moira

I am trying to track down one of your fabulous nail files – without any luck. Can you help?

• Carol

I am desperate to obtain replacements for my double ended eye shadow pens. I have attempted to contact millie at the suggested email address millie@rubyandmillie.com but it appears to be an invalid address. Can anyone help?

• Gwen

Hi, I have bought your eyelash curlers for the past 6 years from Boots, where can I purchase them now?

• hazel

I am desperately looking for your make up base, light pink squeeze tube.

disappointed boots no longer want to sell your products. I constantly shop at boot. I have tried Debenhams and house of fraser…is there no where else I can purchase this…